Artist and looking for a studio and community in Leuven? Cas-co vzw currently has a place available!
Cas-co offers space to artists with a variety of practices, backgrounds, needs and needs. Cas-co does this by facilitating affordable studios, actively creating project and presentation opportunities and stimulating exchange in all kinds of ways.
From February 2021, studio 3 in Cas-co Vaartstraat will be empty and we are looking for an artist who wants to give the space a new meaning. Interested? Submit your file up to and including Sunday 31 January 2021.
- a light-filled studio of 25 m² on the top floor of Cas-co (Vaartstraat 94) at a total cost of 140 euros (rental and utility costs) per month
- a dynamic and ambitious workplace where artists, culture workers, curators and other visitors meet each other every day
- various forms of practical support and active development policy (organizing studio visits & master classes, identifying opportunities for presentation, guidance in finding an interesting network and funding, …)
- common facilities: photo lab, screen printing studio, shared work spaces, …
Cas-co is looking for an artist (or collective) who:
- is professionally active (no students)
- has a background in the visual arts / performing arts / creative industry and / or has a hybrid practice
- is looking for exchange and can connect with the broader story of Cas-co
- is willing and able to use his / her / their expertise and network to support other artists
- someone who actively uses his / her / their workspace and is present in the organization
Send your file by 31 January 2021 by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Attn. Mirthe Demaerel
A complete file contains the following elements:
- a CV;
- a visual portfolio;
- amotivated request of maximum 2A4’s length;
- for video work you can use web links (digital dossier), usb or dvd (mail).
The artist is selected as follows:
- a selection committee, consisting of members from the contemporary arts sector, assesses the applications on the basis of the submitted file and provides a motivated and binding advice.
- the outcome of the selection procedure will be announced in the beginning of february, 2021.
- no appeal is possible against negative advice. No substantive feedback is given.
- incomplete files are not submitted to the committee.
The studio is allocated as follows:
- the selected candidate is invited for an interview in which further practical arrangements are made and a rental contract is signed.
- the selected artists can start using the studio immediately or for the specified period after positive advice.
- we only take into account the requests submitted in response to this call. Have you already submitted a file in the past? Please resubmit your (updated) file to confirm that you are still interested.
- if you are not selected, we will keep your file in our archive. As soon as a studio becomes available that meets your needs, or when there is an open call, we will inform you about this. However, Cas-co reserves the right to allocate the most appropriate space and period to the selected artist.
For questions, visits and information: contact email@example.com.